National Insurance Awareness Day is observed each year on June 28, which makes it a great time to review your current insurance plan.
Insurance offers security, protecting loved ones and recovering losses in the event of damage, illness, or death. For example, insurance helps cover your home and the items in it. But over time, your property and possessions may appreciate, and become much more valuable. It's important to ensure your insurance policies keep up with these values.
No matter your situation, it would be difficult to replace all of your belongings in the event of a disaster. Whether you are a renter or have a 30-year mortgage, our possessions, property, loved ones, and even those who visit, deserve the protection that comes with a renter's or homeowner's policy.
The day is an excellent time to revisit your current policies and discover any gaps in coverage. Here are some considerations:
- Schedule an insurance review with one of our local agents who can evaluate your current policies for any risk
- Take inventory of your belongings
- Has your family grown or have family members moved away? How about pets?
- Do you plan to make the jump from renting to owning?
- Do you need flood insurance?
To get started, contact your local CorInsurance agent.