During this unprecedented time, many people may feel scared, isolated, and lonely. COVID-19 has changed our lives for the foreseeable future, and we want to provide you the tools to stay physically, mentally, and financially healthy.
Staying Physically Healthy
According to the CDC, there are a few key practices you can do to mitigate your risk of becoming infected:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Put distance between yourself and others.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
Staying Mentally Healthy
- Maintain a routine as much as possible.
- Engage in some form of physical activity each day, such as walking or riding a bike.
- Take breaks from watching, listening, or reading news stories related to the pandemic.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Connect with others via phone, emails, letter writing, and video chat.
- Do something for others such as sending thank you notes to essential workers or grocery shopping for an elderly neighbor living alone.
Staying Financially Healthy
Rest assured your money is safe at CorTrust Bank. Please continue to bank with confidence knowing your money is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), which insures funds that cover all types of deposits.
- If you have lost your income, don't hesitate to contact your financial lenders and creditors to discuss how they can work with you during this time.
- Look at all recurring expenses in your budget and see where you can cut back.
- Avoid purchasing items in mass quantity such as toilet paper and personal protective equipment, as this can lead to unnecessary spending.
- Be aware of coronavirus scams and do not give out any financial or personal information over the phone or through email. CorTrust Bank will never ask you for this information via phone or email.