Did you know most mortgages at CorTrust stay local? This ensures you work with a real person who can make decisions quickly and get you answers. Remember, a mortgage servicer is the company that handles the day-to-day administrative tasks of your home loan, such as payments, sending monthly statements, and managing escrow accounts. This is different from your mortgage loan originator.
Here are a few reasons local mortgage servicing at CorTrust is a pretty big deal:
- Insurance Claims - have you ever experienced storm damage to your home from heavy winds, snow, ice, or hail? Individuals with local mortgage servicing are able to get their home claims handled within a few days. With other institutions it can take weeks.
- Escrow - all escrow items, such as increases, adjustments, paying of taxes, and more, are handled by our team.
- Convenience - when your mortgage is serviced locally, you don't have to worry about your loan being resold, which involves re-setting up ACH and multiple year-end tax documents.
- Local - our local staff in Sioux Falls, SD, is comprised of one team, ensuring you work with a single, dedicated department.
- Payment Options - we offer multiple payment options, including bi-weekly payments or more traditional monthly payments.
- Flexibility - if you make a large principle payment, we can review the possibility of adjusting your monthly payment over the remaining term.
- Hardships - if you lose your stream of income, our team is quick to work with you through options to protect your home.
Ready to start taking advantage of our local mortgage servicing? Schedule a free home mortgage consultation today with our experts. Have a question about an existing mortgage? Contact our mortgage servicing team today!