It seems now more than ever the threat of falling victim to a fraudulent scheme is a common happening. From suspicious text messages about your bank account to cryptic emails regarding owing money, the traps are endless. Unfortunately, as these scams are becoming more and more advanced, few people notice being taken advantage of. Which is why it is so important to be extra vigilant about your personal identifying information.
Luckily, CorTrust Bank offers identity theft insurance to safeguard our customers’ private data. In partnership with ID TheftSmart, we provide you with added security for your financial wellbeing. The goal of this program is to assist victims of identity theft to determine the extent of their exposure to risk and restore their assets to pre-theft status as fast as possible. Sounds like a sweet deal, right?
Here’s how it works:
- Consultation on best practices for managing your identity
- Provide information regarding cardholder rights
- Provide safety guidelines for community and interacting online
- Access to a personal advocate if identity theft occurs
- Provide an action plan when information has been compromised
- Help interpret and analyze credit report
- Fraud alert assistance
- Credit freeze consultation
- Confirm identity fraud and it scope
- Assist in obtaining a police report
- Provide tri-merged credit report and perform full non-credit searches
- Work on behalf of credit holder until all issues are resolved
Even better, many of our CorTrust accounts include this service free. Simply contact your local branch to see if your account includes this product or if you would like to purchase this protection for $2.99/month.