If you’ve ever been in an auto accident, you know how stressful it can be. From trying to assess the damage to dealing with another individual’s insurance, it can be overwhelming. To help break through the clutter of an auto accident scene, our experts at CorInsurance assembled a list of steps to take if ever faced with this situation.
- Stop immediately.
- Do not block road traffic.
- Call 911 or ask someone at the scene to call 911.
- Assist the injured.
- Secure names and phone numbers of driver(s) and witnesses.
- Write down insurance information for those involved in the accident.
- Write down make, model, and license number of all vehicles involved.
- Never accept claim settlement at the scene of the accident.
- Remain calm and courteous.
- Notify insurance agent as quickly as possible.
With this advice in hand, dealing with an auto accident will hopefully be less tense. And, if you ever have additional questions, our team at CorInsurance is always available.