|Job Title||Loan Officer - Webster, SD|
|Reports To||Market President|
Responsible for accomplishing management’s marketing objectives of attracting new business and expanding current Bank relationships. Develops and implements solicitation programs to attract new loan customers in the business, Ag and consumer community. Establishes and promotes teamwork through cross-selling and making referrals to other financial areas with the bank. Promotes education and sales of bank products and services.
- Develops and retains consumer, commercial and Ag business, meeting with prospects and customers.
- Gathers related financial and general business information, performs financial analyses needed to make credit decisions, presents to and participates in committee credit decisions and communicates with prospects and customers to close sales.
- Maintain quality loan administration and determine terms appropriate for risk management.
- Continues developing growing network of outside referral sources for new business.
- Cooperates with other areas of the Bank in making and receiving internal referrals. Make referrals for Credit Cards, Wealth Management, CorTrust Mortgage and CorInsurance.
- Participates in activities for generating new business such as sales calls and special events.
- Reviews lists, records, newspapers, etc., for business development leads.
- Establish a strong presence in the community as a lending leader and represents the Bank at various civic and community functions to enhance its image and develop new business.
- Ensures that work follows applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Thoroughly understands and maintains knowledge of Bank policies, procedures and practices.
- Upholds CorTrust’s mission statement.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Possesses combination of education and experience to perform primary duties of position.
- Adaptable to system, process, product and service changes.
- Effective and efficient planning, organizational, technological and time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational commitment through advocacy in the community, customer experience and co-worker relationships.
- Possesses strong understanding of financial services.
- Ability to reason, problem solve and think critically.
- Self-motivated in taking initiative.
- Knowledgeable with regulations and compliance.
- Creative/innovative problem solver.
- Ability to effectively convey thoughts, ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity, personal diplomacy and ability to foster culture of mutual respect.