|Job Title||Mortgage Loan Processor - Sioux Falls, SD|
|Reports To||CorTrust Mortgage Operation Supervisor|
|Location||Sioux Falls, SD - Minnesota Ave|
The Mortgage Loan Processor will assist the Mortgage Processors with daily activities, inquiries, and challenges. Provide prompt and efficient processing of mortgage loan applications for internal customers, the mortgage loan originators, and the external customers. Perform all the tasks necessary to process loans accurately, compliant, and within deadlines for closings on time. Follow the established policies and procedures for this area in accordance with the Bank and the supervisor's direction.
- Review files before sending to pre-underwriting. Request additional documentation from customer and various agencies. Order all verifications and updates and update the system accurately as items are processed.
- Process loans according to policy timeline.
- Obtain all additional documentation requested from underwriters.
- Prepare HUD’s for title company and loan officers.
- Send closing documents to Title Companies and approve the HUD.
- Meet all closing conditions required by underwriting.
- Prepare funding tickets, official checks and close loan summaries for the closer and mail assignment of mortgages to title companies.
- Daily communication with mortgage originator specialists, assisting them will all aspects and needs in order to close each loan.
- Follow up with any final needs of the loan.
- Order credit reports.
- Do re-disclosures for loan amount changes & rate locks if mortgage originator specialist is not available.
- Assign priorities, establish, track and communicate deadlines for 100% closings on time.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies in files.
- Coordinates with Operations/Processing Manager to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Provides training and assistance to Processor to help them improve their performance.
- Review HMDA on all closed, withdrawn, and denied files by the 15th of the month.
- Answer phone calls and assist customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Enter recorded documents into the excel spread sheet and file docs into appropriate area.
- Slip files with correct barcode sheets for scanning and then delete them from excel spread sheet.
- Make new folders for files in the backroom.
- File final docs and folders and scan the files.
- Ship files and write up closing tickets when help is needed.
- Assist other processors, the closer, and operations manager with their daily activities in their absence or during busy times.
- Attend conferences, trainings, webinars, and Tena meetings.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- 2-5 years of Mortgage Loan Processing experience.
- Adaptable to system, process, product and service changes.
- Effective and efficient planning, organizational, technological and time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational commitment through advocacy in the community, customer experience and co-worker relationships.
- Ability to reason, problem solve and think critically.
- Ability to effectively convey thoughts, ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Possesses strong understanding of financial services.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity, personal diplomacy and ability to foster culture of mutual respect.
- Current on regulations, policies and practices.