|Job Title||Internal Audit Officer - Credit Card - Sioux Falls or MItchell|
|Reports To||Chief Audit Officer|
The Internal Audit Officer - Credit Card must have depth of knowledge related to the subprime Credit Card industry. The ideal candidate possesses the capability to plan and execute audits from beginning to tend, including pre-planning, by providing timely and accurate audit results to management. This person will offer insights related to industry risks and mitigating controls. Further, this role requires excellent communication skills with all levels of management, and provides recommendations to increase efficiency and provide cost savings.
- Understand empowerment and credit policy guidelines, and how the guidelines are applied to processes and procedures.
- Understand changes in the subprime industry including, but not limited to, State and Federal regulations and how the changes impact processes and procedures.
- Understand system changes implemented by third party vendors and how the changes impact processes and procedures.
- Evaluate internal controls and review departments to ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Manage the Audit Risk Assessment and Audit Plan independently.
- Document and support audit work with limited supervision.
- Perform follow-up on the status of outstanding audit exceptions.
- Perform on-site audits of service providers, as appropriate.
- Prepare and present all Credit Card related audit information directly to the Audit Committee.
- Remain current on business trends and practices by pursuing continued education.
- This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the subprime credit card industry.
- Well versed in the fundamental principles of banking and possess a strong understanding of bank related compliance regulations, including those related to subprime credit cards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, listening skills, leadership skills, good time management skills, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff, as well as external parties.
- Preference given to those who hold a professionally recognized designation or those working toward that goal.
- Must be willing to travel to Mitchell, SD, or Sioux Falls, SD, depending on where your home office is located. Air travel may be required to perform on-site visits of service providers.