|Job Title||Commercial Banking Officer - Blaine|
|Reports To||Market President|
The Commercial Banking Officer is responsible for accomplishing management's marketing objectives of attracting new business and expanding current Bank relationships. This person will develop and implement solicitation programs to generate new customers in the business community. Further, this position creates and maintains close relationships with all parties involved in commercial transactions, and helps facilitate sales through the structuring of creative and appealing loan and deposit products.
- Develops and retains commercial business, meeting with prospects and customers.
- Gathers related financial and general business information, performs financial analyses needed to make credit decisions, presents to and participates in committee credit decisions and communicates with prospects and customers to close sales.
- Continues developing growing network of outside referral sources for new business.
- Make referrals for Credit Cards, Loans, Wealth Management, CorTrust Mortgage and CorInsurance.
- Ensures that work is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Establishes priorities and prepares sales call plans.
- Documents calls and makes regular call reports to supervisor.
- Reviews lists, records, newspapers, etc. for business development leads.
- Cooperates with other areas of the Bank in making and receiving internal referrals.
- Represents the Bank at various civic and community functions to enhance its image and develop new business.
- Assists in products and service development to ensure customer satisfaction and Bank profitability. Recommends upgrades, elimination or future development of under-performing products and services, and development of introduction of new products and services when necessary.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five years of banking experience in commercial lending.
- Strong consultative sales skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening).
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and produce results.
- Creative/innovative problem solver.
- Self-motivated in taking initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.