Professional Farm Management Services
A unit of CorTrust Wealth Management Services-Trust Division, located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the professional farm management team at CorTrust Bank currently manages over 9,000 acres on farms in the state of SD. Our purpose is to provide farm owners with the expertise to solve day-to-day management problems while optimizing net farm income.
Our farm managers offer a number of services to assist clients with their personal farm goals, including the two most important things that can be done for the farm owner – the selection of competent tenants or farm operators, and the negotiation of appropriate and fair operating leases.
Additionally, we can provide expertise in:
- Determining crop rotations, analyzing soil test information and maintaining sound soil conservation practices
- Selecting seed varieties and environmentally sound fertilizer and pesticide programs
- Maintaining environmental records
- Representing the owner in boundary disputes, drainage hearings, conservation meetings, government programs, etc.
- Making recommendations for building construction or repair
- Marketing farm production
- Keeping accurate records and providing financial reports to the owner
- Reviewing and paying bills
- Reviewing real estate taxes and insurance coverage
- Providing safekeeping of tax information, paid bills, receipts, leases, and legal documents
- Year end reports
We can provide our clients with uninterrupted management of the farming operation should the owner die or becomes incapacitated. If desired, we can act as a liaison among multiple owners and between owner and operator. We also offer budgeting and assistance in determining farm business priorities.
Contact us for additional information or to set up a consultation by phoning 605-999-3350. We will be happy to meet with you to discuss your unique circumstances and how we can help you care for your farming operation.